Senior Project Information Manager C12-2313
01 November 2012
The objective of Project Information Management is to provide a service to effectively manage and deliver timely, accurate information (documents, data & models) generated, collected, integrated and transferred by the Project into (and beyond) Operations – “building the digital asset”.
Reporting within a matrix structure directly to the Project Manager and to the customer’s Project Information Management organization, and indirectly to the assigned Project Delivery Manager this role will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of project information management services on project(s) within a large portfolio of projects.
• Accountable for the provision of all aspects of Project Information Management throughout the project lifecycle and ensuring infrastructure and interface between all participating stakeholders
• Develop, evolve, communicate and implement an information management (PIM) strategy, based on the PIM standards, for the assigned work scope
• Develop and execute a PIM implementation plan and budget across all project phases, up to hand over to end user, for the assigned work scope
• Adhere to the required, customer approved, standards and specifications to govern the project information management systems and processes
• Provide oversight and assurance on information processes and systems and ensure compliance with customer requirements, paying careful attention to interfaces between all stakeholders
• Ensure the set up and operation of the project’s data warehouse using appropriate processes and tools configured to suit project needs and successfully implementing the agreed PIM strategy
• Ensure availability and maintenance of document and data registers (as required) and distribution matrices
• Maintain active relationship with project engineering authority to ensure information accuracy, timeliness and completeness
• Develop and maintain PIM organization structure and staffing plan
• Ensure information integrity throughout project lifecycle through application of rigorous and efficient information management procedures
• Ensure PIM learning and best practices are captured and shared utilizing organizational learning systems and the PIM Community of Practice
• Liaise closely with iM support on the project
• Previous experience working in Information Management on large projects: conversant with the wider information set (data, documents, models) and its use in managing projects through the whole project lifecycle.
• Excellent communication and influencing skills, across the whole project irrespective of seniority, organizational or contractual boundaries
• Working as part of a Project Management Team
• Leading a small team of experts (contractor and staff)
• Engineering background
• Business process analysis experience
• Experience in Oil and Gas sector
• IT systems and IT project management
• Engineering Data Management
General attributes required of all employees involved in leadership include: Zero Harm, Action Orientation, Building Effective Business Relationships, Commitment, Customer Focus, Dealing with Change, Drive for Results, Integrity and Trust, and Leadership Skills including Strategic Ability, Managing Vision & Purpose, Command Skills, and Global Business Knowledge.